2nd Shift Process Technician: Plasma, Etch, and Metals
North Carolina, United StatesApply now
Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
Science is seeking 2nd Shift Process Technician to support the manufacturing of MEMS (Micro Electrical Mechanical Systems) products in the Plasma Etch and Metals areas. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position will be responsible for the manufacturing of Development and Production parts, with ownership of product quality, cycle time, and related issues.
- Maintain a safe work environment within a culture of Quality and Customer Satisfaction.
- Interface with the Production Supervisor and Process Engineers to understand processing priority.
- Execute tool qualification procedures on process and/or metrology equipment to insure operations within specified levels.
- Operate process and/or metrology equipment per written instructions to process Production and Development material.
- Collect metrology data from product and/or monitor wafers and enter it into the SPC system.
- Document non-conforming material or events within the appropriate Quality systems.
- Communicate status with other shifts and engineering verbally and through written passdowns.
- This position will require training, certification and regular operation of equipment in multiple areas. Initial training will require 1st Shift working schedule for 6 to 8 weeks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Training and experience with cleanroom manufacturing and hazardous chemistry are preferred.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in compliance with ISO9000/TL9000 type manufacturing standards.
- Basic understanding of semiconductor manufacturing and testing methods.
- Ability to provide recommendations for process modifications and improvements.
- Must be a self starter and able to work with little supervision.
Education and Experience
- Minimum two-year technical degree in electronics, vacuum systems or manufacturing technology, and a minimum four years experience with semiconductor or MEMS processing, or an equivalent combination of work experience and education are required.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with Plasma Etch, RIE, and Metals processes and equipment, including Oxide Etch, Deep Silicon RIE, Evaporation and Sputter.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Flexible Spending Account
*No visa sponsorship at this time
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.