Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for high judgement, devoted team members to help take care of our research animals.
- Monitor the day to day health of our colonies and perform routine husbandry tasks.
- Interface with the veterinary medicine team to identify and help address any concerns or issues that arise.
- Stay up to date on modern best practices; recommend purchasing decisions and help coordinate installation of systems like racks, cages, bedding, toys, etc.
- Evidence of exceptional judgment and personal integrity.
- A strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile that the animals deserve when required.
- Ability to learn and follow animal care procedures for each species, including security and biosafety procedures.
- 3+ years of experience in lab animal research or husbandry.
- Experience with, or at least an interest in, animal behavior and enrichment programming.
- Schedule flexibility: the animals live with us, so providing 24/7 coverage with redundancy (in shifts, 20 - 40 hours per week per person) is essential.
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.