Science is developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Entry-Level EE to join our Electronics team. As an Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing electrical systems and components for our innovative medical devices. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies that could make a meaningful impact on the lives of patients worldwide. The ideal person for this job is willing to grow by diving head first into hard projects without a safety net.
- Design and develop electrical systems and components for implantable medical devices and wearables
- Design of systems and tools for bio-interfacing
- Internal and external device teardown and analysis
- Rapid prototyping, testing and analysis of new systems and ideas for feasibility
- Support ASIC validation by designing test boards and probe cards
- 2+ years designing and testing custom microelectronic systems
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Rapid prototyping experience (microcontrollers, analog and digital interfaces, etc)
- Experience in a lab environment using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc
- Experience in end-to-end PCB work (parts, schematics, layouts, assembly)
- Some experience in firmware development for embedded systems
- Proficiency in using electrical design and analysis software tools (e.g., Altium Designer, LTspice).
- Ability to impedance match mixed-signal communications between teams
- Experience with testing automation
- Some understanding of wireless communication schemes or power delivery
- Experience with ASIC validation and bring-up
- Proficiency in using Altium Designer
- Familiarity with industry standards related to medical devices e.g. IEC 60601
- Solid understanding of PCB design practices for low noise signals or high speed interfaces
- Experience in bring-up of boards with FPGAs or ARM SoCs
For individuals hired to work in California, Science is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on geo-located salary bands. The base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000-$160,000 annually + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.