Alameda, California, United StatesApply now
Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
Science is looking for a Facilities Engineer who will work with the technical infrastructure team to ensure the facility is continuously supporting research and development as the work grows and changes. A successful facilities engineer will assess the facility’s resource requirements, design and optimize the facility’s layout and critical operational systems, and oversee the maintenance of infrastructure and equipment.
- Planning, implementing, and maintaining the infrastructure and equipment of the building and facilities.
- Ensuring facility reliability and performance.
- Performing analysis of operational processes, resource allocation, energy use, and recommending and implementing improvements.
- Determining facility and equipment specification.
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of facility expansion, layout, various systems, and quality controls.
- Developing processing plans and optimizing resource allocation.
- 2+ years of experience as a facilities engineer.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and building codes.
- Strong facilities technical background to enable decision making when working with cross-functional teams.
- Eagerness to be hands on, working with the tools, equipment, and the facilities to solve problems where possible.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Project management skills.
For individuals hired to work in California, Science is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on geo-located salary bands. The base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000-$160,000 annually + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.