Junior Microfabrication Engineer: Thin Film Transistors
Alameda, California, United StatesApply now
Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for a Microfabrication Engineer focused on the development of our active microelectronic devices. Your main focus will be the design, fabrication and testing of active devices such as thin film transistors and other structures integrated into novel implanted devices . This is a hands-on position where you will need to layout devices and own their fabrication, either directly or together with partners. Our goal is to move quickly, but ultimately once we have determined the right solution we will aim to scale our work and help as many people as possible.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design, fabrication and testing of active devices
- Integration of components with existing and novel devices
- In-sourcing and out-sourcing development as needed
- 1+ years designing and fabricating devices
- Transistor design experience (ie. TFT or CMOS)
- Strong device physics, design, fab and characterization knowledge
- Experience with different semiconducting materials such as metal oxides or amorphous silicon
- Strong interest in building the devices you design
- Excellent analytical skills
- MS in physics, EE, or similar discipline
- Experience working with a-Si or IGZO
- Experience building TFTs
- Experience working with photodiodes
- Experience with light emitting devices (OLED, uLED, etc)
- Flexible electronics experience
- Silicon on insulator experience
- Experience with digital or analog circuits
- PhD in physics, EE, materials science or similar discipline
For individuals hired to work in California, Science is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on geo-located salary bands. The base salary range for this full-time position is $80,000-$120,000 annually + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.