Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for a hands-on Mechanical Engineer to support development of our device. You must be motivated, curious, and consider unconventional solutions. Work is highly collaborative and cross functional. Work includes designing and fabricating fixtures for biological, optical and microfabrication teams. At this early stage, speed is of utmost importance, so you must be able to pivot, and approach challenges from multiple directions simultaneously. You must be able to move quickly without losing important details, and understand when to modulate for high precision tasks. Design and fabrication work will to encompass the range from micro to macro.
- Designing and building biological testing equipment and platforms
- Building custom surgical or medical equipment
- Helping to modify or build new fabrication tools
- Designing implantable systems
- 2 to 6 years experience of mechanical design experience
- Strong fundamental understanding of ME principles
- Experience with tolerances tighter than ~50 microns
- Mechanical simulation and calculation experience (ie FEA)
- Rapid prototyping experience
- Strong hands-on abilities with machining
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with microfluidics
- Experience with optical systems
- Experience with microcontrollers and programming
- Experience with soft robotics
- Working knowledge of CNC
- Understanding of thermal simulation
- Experience working with surgical or biological requirements
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.