Mixed Signal IC Designer
Alameda, California, United StatesApply now
Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are developing a novel optical interconnect for interfacing with the brain and seeking an experienced mixed-signal IC designer to take on a key leadership role in developing working products. In close collaboration with our microfabrication group, you'll design the electronics that surround and support our custom photonic components.
You will be setting up chip tools and the overall IC design workflow at Science from scratch, and have significant decision-making power around what tools to select and which foundry processes to use, in collaboration with executive leadership.
- A successful track record of taped-out silicon that worked.
- Evidence of exceptional ability as an engineer and leader.
- MS in Electrical Engineering or closely related discipline.
- Experience with silicon photonics and/or III-V material systems.
- Experience in image sensors, especially analog front end including amplifiers, ADCs, and/or display drivers.
- Experience with power delivery schemes and low-power designs.
- PhD or equivalent professional experience.
For individuals hired to work in California, Science is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on geo-located salary bands. The base salary range for this full-time position is $119,000-$200,000 + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.