Science is developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
Science is seeking a Process Engineer to drive the transition of MEMS (Micro Electrical Mechanical Systems) products from Development into Production. Reporting to the General Manager, this position is responsible for the introduction of new products and technologies into manufacturing, with ownership of process flows, product control plans, in-line parametric test and all related process integration issues. The position evaluates the manufacturability of existing products and drives related yield, cycle time and cost improvement activities.
- Reviews and understands process integration for products in development approaching Pre-Production. Judges the risk to the product from potential non-repeatable or marginal process issues.
- Generates and maintains process flow travelers for Pre-Production and Production parts.
- Starts and manages Pre-Production lots through wafer fab. These lots typically have critical schedules for customer deliverable, as well as multiple process experiments for process optimization.
- Generates Product Control Plans, evaluating the risk at each process step.
- Reviews proposed process and equipment changes to identify risk to product.
- Consults with Process Engineering on abnormal lot disposition, making judgments as to product impact.
- Develops in-line electrical and mechanical parametric test structures and methods.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage complex projects and associated resources.
- Conduct independent technical investigations of complex process integration and device issues, determine root cause and implement corrective actions.
- Strong technical understanding of several different process areas.
- Solid interpersonal and communications skills and ability to interface effectively with customers.
Education and Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or related field, plus 5 to 10 years experience in semiconductor process or device engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience with process integration and parametric test methods is preferred.
- Knowledge of a broad range of process technologies (plasma etch, photolithography, diffusion, metalization, etc.) is required.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Due to our landlord/building ITAR-registration status, candidates must be US citizens or US permanent resident.
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.