Science is developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for a motivated process technician to support the manufacturing of MEMS (Micro Electrical Mechanical Systems) products in the Diffusion Process area of the cleanroom. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, this position will be responsible for the manufacturing of Development and Production parts, with ownership of product quality, cycle time, and related issues.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Setup and operate assigned pieces of equipment to support production requirements for new and existing products.
- Process wafers and perform measurements and visual inspections to ensure product quality.
- Perform periodic routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
- Assist engineers with special projects and process development.
- This position will require training, certification and regular operation of equipment in the Diffusion Process Area of the cleanroom.
- Working with PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and practicing Safe Chemical Handling is a critical requirement of the job.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in compliance with ISO9000/TL9000 type manufacturing standards.
- Basic understanding of semiconductor manufacturing methods.
- Basic understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC) is preferred.
- Ability to properly handle and pour acids and caustics safely, using appropriate PPE.
- Ability to provide recommendations for process modifications and improvements.
- Must be a self starter and able to work with little supervision.
- Two year technical degree, plus 1 to 3 years experience in cleanroom manufacturing or chemical processing lab, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with diffusion furnace equipment, chemical wet hoods, and wafer metrology tools.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Flexible Spending Account
*No visa sponsorship at this time
Due to our landlord/building ITAR-registration status, candidates must be US citizens or US permanent resident.
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.