Quality Assurance Specialist
Alameda, California, United StatesApply now
Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
Science is developing laboratory practices capable of operating under GLP and moving towards manufacturing biological agents under GMP. As the first quality assurance specialist on our team, we will be looking for you to establish a robust, dynamic, and flexible framework for our compliance program. Great communication skills and attention to detail are critical, as is executing good judgment. We will evaluate the success of our quality team not on how many things you find to report, but by how you enable us to move fast while staying in compliance.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Maintain master schedule of nonclinical studies
- Perform inspections of experimental procedures and assess compliance to SOPs and study protocol
- Document and report all problems, and worth with experimental teams to ensure future compliance
- Maintain records of inspections and audits, and serve as point person during facility audits
- Maintain study archives and be responsible for storage of study data
- Work closely with management and technical staff to create a culture of speed and compliance enabled by innovative solutions
- At least 5 years of experience in QA in GLP studies
- Deep understanding of GLP / cGMP regulations
- Previous experience with FDA audits
- Familiarity with compliance requirements for software and electronic data
- Collaborative nature and excellent communicator
For individuals hired to work in California, Science is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on geo-located salary bands. The base salary range for this full-time position is $90,000-$165,000 annually + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.