North Carolina, United StatesApply now
Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for a handful of talented broadly-skilled builders to help us prototype an exciting new initiative.
- Experience with a wide range of fabrication techniques such as MIG and TIG welding, CNC milling, lathes, die casting, metal stamping, injection molding, and/or laser cutting. Comfort with power tools from drills to angle grinders.
- Familiarity with CAD software such as SolidWorks, NX, Fusion360, and/or Catia.
- Ability to translate design ideas into engineering drawings for fabrication, either with your own hands or via vendors.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in a STEM field.
- Success at competitive college-level engineering sports such as Formula SAE or Design-Build-Fly.
- Familiarity with HVAC, plumbing and/or electrical systems.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.