Semiconductor Equipment Maintenance Technician
North Carolina, United StatesApply now
Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for an experienced Equipment Maintenance Technician. Reporting to the Fab Manager, this individual will support a variety of semiconductor processes in Class 100 and 1000 cleanrooms. The process technology to be supported include photolithography, etching, thin-film deposition, diffusion, and plating. Responsibilities include preventive maintenance, tool upgrade, tool repairs and equipment installation. The position will interface with the Engineers to understand process-related product issues and drive improvements & with Process Technicians to identify and resolve tool problems. The ideal candidate will have a broad background in maintenance and repair of semiconductor processing equipment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Hands on equipment maintenance
- Inspect all equipment
- Detect any defects or malfunctions and immediately repair and refurbish, as required.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in compliance with ISO9000/TL9000 type manufacturing standards.
- Coordinate with Production and other departments for feedback on the functionality of machinery and equipment.
- Report all defects and damages to the supervisor.
- Comply with industry standards and safety regulations.
- Interpret electrical schematics and flow charts.
- Ensure compliance of all Company policies and OSHA rules while conducting work functions.
- Place orders through procurement for spare parts and replacement parts, and complete all required documentation.
- Troubleshoot and repair of a wide variety of electrical and electronic systems, include: motor control systems, contractors, starters, AC/DC drives and motors, various control switches and proximity sensors utilized on production machinery.
- Support and participate in the organization’s Continual Improvement Program to conform to ISO 9001:2015 requirements by complying with the Quality Policy and procedures and meeting QMS objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- US citizenship or permanent resident alien status is required
- Mechanical and electrical experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-starter who thinks of innovative, faster ways to accomplish tasks.
- Must be familiar with safety standards and procedures inherent to a manufacturing facility.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time to meet all specified dates.
- Able to coordinate work tasks with employees.
- Sitting, bending, standing, walking, 8-10 hours per day.
- Able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must comply with any safety requirements.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001:2015 environment
- Exposure to a production cleanroom environment.
- High school diploma or GED plus 5 to 10 years experience in MEMS/semiconductor/ process engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Flexible Spending Account
*No visa sponsorship at this time
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.