Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for a Thin Film Packaging Engineer focused on the packaging of our devices. Your main focus will be on developing and implementing packaging technologies for implanted medical devices. This is a relatively new and broadly unsolved area which requires the ability to drive fast paced R&D as well as integration into a development flow. This is a hands-on position where you will need to innovate new ideas, develop processes, design or purchase equipment and demonstrate success. Our goal is to move quickly, but ultimately once we have determined the right solution we will aim to scale our work and help as many people as possible.
- Hands-on development of thin film packaging for implanted devices
- Develop and execute testing strategies for packaging approaches
- Integrate your technology into the device flow
- 4+ years working with packaging or thin film technologies
- Experience in ALD, CVD, polymer deposition or similar
- Experience with laser welding, hermetic bonding, or electronics assembly
- Understanding of interfaces, kinetics and thermodynamics
- Cleanroom fabrication and characterization experience
- Experience in failure analysis and the ability to quickly iterate
- Strong interest in building the devices you design
- Strong ability to understand and balance fundamental or unknown risks
- MS or PhD in Materials Science, Physics, EE or related field
- Experience with flexible devices
- Experience in accelerated aging testing
- Experience with implanted devices
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.